Friday, April 1, 2011

Charlotte


Charlotte Blessing Dress

Please let me know what size I need to make this dress for your baby.

While looking for a name for my 5th baby here, I was reading Jane Eyre. I really was thrilled with Charlotte Bronte's writings. After she was born, I knew Charlotte was the perfect name for my baby. Naturally, I went to the historical fashion books and watched some BBC movies and loved the early nineteenth century time period fashion as well. So, this what I came up with in this dress for Charlotte's blessing dress.

The Charlotte dress is made of fine cotton batiste. The bodice has a beautiful pin tucked insert surrounded by satin pipping shaping a V. The gathered sleeve is adorned with vertical pin tucks finished by a satin pipping hem. The A-line skirt is gathered up at the side seams making a beautiful drape in the front and backs of the dress. Chantilly lace fabric is a perfect underskirt  for the cotton and gathered tulle provides the skirt with fullness and softness. Button up the back with vintage buttons gets your precious baby in and out of the fully lined dress. The champagne sash finishes the look with fine sophistication.




No comments:

Post a Comment