Thursday, June 2, 2011

Farrah Blessing, Christening or Baptism Dress









This blessing, christening or baptism dress is a white cotton A-line dress with puff short sleeves. The simple design allows the big flattened rose on the skirt to stand out. The added smaller flower at the shoulder balances the design. There is a tulle underskirt that softens the design. The champagne sash sits at empire waist and ties long in the back. There is a zipper closer for the back.

The dress comes with a white cotton rose headband adorned with the champagne satin. This also comes with a diaper cover with the same white roses on the back side and ruffled legs.
If you are looking for a baptism bib to match your dress, I can do that. Convo with me to let me know.

Available in sizes 0-3 mo, 3-6mo, 6-12mo.
Allow 3 weeks for shipping.
I like quality and I work with that in mind. I sew all seams then finish with a serged edge. I want my garments to be a favorite and worn for years to come.
This dress is special to me because it has been in my sketch book forever it seems. I designed it when I was considering what to do for my unborn baby's blessing dress. When Charlotte came, I did not choose this dress, I chose this one, but I always wanted to make it. I finally made myself do it when one day a sweet woman emailed me and complemented me on my work and asked if I could make a dress for her baby's blessing. I of course was flattered! I thought of this dress and gave her a few options even though I was hoping she would choose this one. She bought this dress from a simple sketch! Brave! I made this with special care for her baby Farrah. Farrah seemed like a perfect name for the dress. Introducing one of my favorite designs, the Farrah Dress!


1 comment: